Deep Learning Data Scientist
About the job
Spectral MD, Inc. is seeking a Deep Learning Data Scientist to join our Algorithm Software team in Dallas, TX. The Deep Learning Data Scientist role at Spectral MD is responsible for researching and developing deep learning algorithms that will impact future Spectral MD products focusing on medical imaging device data.
- Translate clinical requirements and protocols into data collection plans as well as into algorithm requirements
- Creates data collection, data development, and algorithm development plans to meet the goals of the team.
- Leads the development of algorithm and data requirements
- Design datasets, and machine learning algorithms that solve critical clinical questions.
- Lead a team of data scientists to translate clinical problems into deployed machine learning and deep learning algorithms that solve them.
- Work with statisticians to perform data analysis and write data analysis reports.
- Perform data cleaning for machine learning and deep learning algorithms.
- Research and develop novel machine learning and deep learning models for medical imaging data analysis, especially in the field of image classification and semantic segmentation.
- Design, evaluate and deploy developed algorithms, summary research findings in technical documents or papers.
- Fine tune and optimize deep learning models
- Employ model compression and pruning to optimize deployed deep learning models
- Work with a cross-functional technical team composed of clinical researchers, software engineers, data scientists, and product designers.
Required Education and Experience
- MS in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with focus on machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or similar; w/
- A minimum of 3 years work experience. Or
- PhD in in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with focus on machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or similar
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Excellent written communication skills, especially in writing technical manuscripts and data development plans.
- Good understanding in machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Proficiency in a relevant programming language such as Python, C#, C/C++, CUDA
- Proficiency in at least one major deep learning framework such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, or Keras.
- Solid Knowledge of image classification, semantic segmentation, and object detection algorithms.
- Experience in training and applying deep semantic image segmentation or object detection neural networks
- Knowledge of transfer learning, domain adaption and data augmentation
- Knowledge of processing multispectral image data
- Implementation of machine learning and deep learning algorithm in latest research papers
- Experience of deep learning algorithm training in cloud
- Knowledge of GAN techniques
- Knowledge of deep learning model compression techniques
- Creativity and curiosity for solving complex and abstract problems
- Good publication record is a plus
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift, up to 15 pounds at times.
10% of travel time expected for the position
Spectral MD, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Dallas, TX