Embedded Software Engineer
About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford’s Research and Advanced Engineering team explores new vehicle and societal innovations that require some level of invention before they can be applied to our products and services. The team is building on a history of Ford innovation, including our invention of the three-way catalytic converter to modernize vehicle emissions controls in the 1970s and the world’s first rear inflatable seat belts in 2010.
Today, we are exploring and delivering ways to make smarter vehicles and our transportation system more efficient to improve people’s lives by helping them move more freely, safely and enjoyably. For example, we are changing how our products are made by creating high-quality vehicles in an environmentally and socially responsible way, including the use sustainable materials. Since 2000, we have used 12 industry and world-first plant-based materials in our production vehicles. We also are researching the possible use of tomato skin, bamboo, agave fiber, dandelion roots, algae and coffee chaff as part of our ambitious goal of making our vehicles with up of 20 percent sustainable material by 2025.
What You Will Be Able To Do
Are you ready to develop embedded infotainment products? This includes performing tasks throughout the entire software life cycle (e.g. planning, requirements, design, coding, testing, defect resolution, etc.). You will work with a distributed software team to develop and investigate solutions. You will:
- Participate in the design, development and support of embedded HMI and modem software components
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of our solutions
- Support and develop code to enhance testing platform
- Participate in root cause analysis of hardware quality problems and software defects
- Participate in system design, documentation and testing to deliver a best-in-class infotainment system
The minimum requirements we seek
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field of study
- 2+ years of experience with C/C++ software development on embedded, mobile and/or consumer electronic platforms
Our preferred requirements
- 2+ years of experience developing Head Units/Infotainment Systems, Connectivity and/or Hands Free Technology in the automotive industry
- Mastery of C/C++ language, GNU tool chain and UNIX (e.g. QNX, Linux, etc.)
- Familiarity with GitHub or equivalent source control repositories
- Highly effective while working with other technical experts, Product Managers, UI/UX Designers and business stakeholders
- Experience with embedded build systems (e.g. QNX system builder, buildroot, yocto, etc.)
- Knowledge of in-vehicle signaling and communication mechanisms such as CAN
- Knowledge with use of Automation test framework for Unit Level testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodology and with Jira, backlogs, iterations, user stories or similar Agile Tools
What You Will Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Address Dearborn, MI