The Mid-Level Application Developer contributes towards the development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client’s data across numerous sources. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of multiple development environments and languages such as .NET, C#, Java, SQL and scripting, but only needs in-depth expertise in one or two of these areas (.NET preferred). The primary function of this role is the integration of applications with Merkle’s marketing database solutions and third party web/cloud services to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to create middle-ware (SOA) services, back-end, and front-end web components for Merkle’s renowned marketing solutions.
- Work as part of a global team in a matrix organization.
- Developing n-tier applications and middle-ware services that could include:
- Customer facing Preference Centers
- Client facing, web-based Lookup Utilities
- Web services interfacing with third-party and client applications.
- Hands-on development and support of client deliverables including:
- Participating in design sessions
- Developing code to implement solutions
- Unit testing
- Assisting in QA/UAT phase as issues arise
- Deploying code and providing initial support
- Writing technical documentation
Key Skills and Experience
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables concurrently
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years of application development experience
- Solid .NET development knowledge (Java experience a plus)
- Proficiency and/or experience with most of the following technologies:
- IDE’s: Visual Studio, NetBeans
- Frameworks: ASP.NET, AngularJS, JQuery, Spring, Java servlets, Struts
- Database: MS SQL Server, T-SQL, stored procedures
- ORM’s: Entity Framework, Dapper, Linq-to-SQL, Hibernate
- Single Page Application (SPA) framework with AngularJS and ReactJS
- Optimizely A/B Testing Experience a plus
- Experience/ interest in developing Web Services (SOAP or RESTful)
- Familiarity with web servers (IIS, JBOSS)
- Familiarity with web security fundamentals, types of attacks, and remediation.
- Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Windows Server, Windows XP/7)
- Experience or Knowledge of CMS (Content Management System) platforms a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Version Control systems (Subversion, git), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle Processes (waterfall; agile)
- Experience in database marketing a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Denver, Colorado