Build, test, and support applications and solutions that aid MBP business operations. Work with the MBP Team to identify business processes that can benefit from digital automation and develop appropriate solutions. Support internal application development needs.
Provide primary application development support to the MBP Team. Establish and maintain an application development environment within MBP.
Specific Duties include:
- Design, build, test, and maintain SharePoint Applications and other Business Applications
- Create and support automated Documents, Forms, and other Workflows
- Gather and manage user requirements, and work with Team Members determine and develop appropriate solutions
- Develop solutions that consider system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
- Update applications and processes as needed.
- Identify business processes and resources that can be improved through SharePoint and/or other Business Applications, and propose such initiatives to stakeholders
- Deliver solutions that align with business strategies
- Produce technical documentation, briefings, recommendations, and other written work product
- Develop, track and maintain SOP, and other training materials for developed methods and solutions
- Establish and maintain problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures
- Identify and resolve application errors, prevent the recurrence of issues, and improve system maintainability and stability
- Analyze and resolve issues related to SharePoint sites, workflows and content
- Maintain appropriate backups
- Maintain an inventory of development tools and applications
- Monitor test and troubleshoot application issues
- Develop and maintain application and business process documentation – technical design, build, deployment, and install guides. Update periodically and as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies
- Independently resolve issues and efficiently self-direct work activities
- Follow established MBP guidelines, procedures and practices
Provide training and technical assistance to the MBP Team.
Specific Duties include:
- Assist in the development of training documentation and other materials
- Participate in, and assist with, in-house presentations, seminars, and training.
- Schedule and track project milestones and progress
- Provide end user support for business applications
- Visit company offices and meet with internal and external clients as needed.
- Work with internal and external clients while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Adhere to and champion IT Governance programs (e.g. change management, communication, and release management)
- Informally mentor less experienced team members on an as needed basis
- Assist with various special projects or other assignments as assigned
A Bachelors Degree in the area of Software Application Development and/or appropriate experience, certifications, or educational credentials demonstrating attained competence in the discipline of Business Application Development. Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving. Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Application Development realm. Continue to train and certify/recertify within the Application Development field to keep current with new technologies.
Experience with the following:
- Delivering solutions utilizing native application functionality (no custom code)
- Delivering solutions enhancing native application functionality (custom code)
- Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint Online
- Familiarity with the administration and management of the SharePoint environment
- Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions
- Experience providing technical solutions to non-technical individuals
- Familiarity with HTML, AJAXm JSON and other web-based programming and scripting languages
- Familiarity with the following Microsoft Technologies
- Power BI
- Power Apps
- Power Automate/Flow
- MS SharePoint Designer
- MS Visual Studio
Generally able to work independently, seeking guidance and direction periodically when required. Reports to the IT Manager/Director or above.
May lead and direct the work of others on individual project assignments.
MBP is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Fairfax, Virginia