Architect / Sr Developer
We are an eCommerce software company that’s setting new standards and making huge impacts in the industry.
We encourage our employees to be heard and express their vision, thoughts, and ideas to help shape our young company.
SkuVault is the warehouse management technology platform that empowers small and medium enterprises to optimize operations so they can scale and compete in the growing eCommerce market at a fraction of the cost.
We Provide a hands-on customer service experience, meaningful, actionable data, and automated processes that reduce waste and supply chain inefficiencies. This saves our clients’ money and has a positive impact on the environment. SkuVault makes it easy for clients to connect their warehouses to the world while increasing fulfillment speed, accuracy, and profit.
We are a young and rapidly growing company with 950+ clients, across the U.S., with a growing international client base on 4 continents, in over 90 cities total.
SkuVault is seeking a Systems Architect/Sr Developer for our Louisville, KY office (onsite position – remote now but will be in office once current Covid concerns lighten).
We currently maintain two versions of our application, V1 and V2. V1 is written using .Net Framework 4.6 using ASP.NET MVC and is housed in a monolithic repository. The client-side code for V1 is written in ES5 using Angular and jQuery. We are in the middle of a larger migration for our main V2 code-base from .Net Framework 4.6 to .Net Core 3.1, giving us the ability to run from Linux servers if desired and is also a loosely coupled solution using internal library dependencies that are maintained independently of each other. The client-side code for V2 is written in TypeScript using React and supporting NPM libraries.
We also maintain various supporting applications and scripts written in Clojure, bash, GoLang and Groovy. Our development and production environments are Windows, slowly migrating to Linux as we are able and where it makes sense. All development is done from Windows due to the requirement for Visual Studio at the moment, to maintain our legacy .Net Framework solutions.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Code Repositories: GitHub, Bitbucket
Cloud Platforms: Azure, AWS
Development Environments: Visual Studio, VS Code
Database: Event Store, Lightning Memory-Mapped Database, FoundationDb, SQL Server, Azure Blob Storage
The lead developer provides various levels of programming, design, testing, implementation, and documentation of our business system software in the environment; performs fact finding and analysis for problem solving with the business application. Works in a full stack design environment with a focus on UI and business logic. Assists team members through daily interaction and mentoring.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work together with our CTO and technical leads to provide technical and systems design expertise in various levels of programming, design, testing, implementation, and documentation of our business application
- Perform fact finding and analysis to problem solve with a focus on evaluating and identifying improvements to system architecture, UI and business logic.
- Is proactive regarding product development, new services and technologies or enhancements to existing systems/configurations which will assist in improving overall service to our customers.
- Maintaining cohesiveness in development and communication between teams
- Maintain a platform that is stable, scalable, up to date and extendable
- Collaborate with developers/dev-ops to come up with new development tools that simplify development (for example code generation), automation, deployment strategies, etc.
- Work with upper management to understand long-term strategy for the company and ensure platform adapts over time to meet those goals.
- Mentor for other developers in relation to the technology and direction; to include code reviews, pair programming, and other activities associated with team development.
- Ensure that platform evolution doesn’t compromise any of the existing goals: stable, scalable, simple to develop against, etc.
- Responsive web page design experience
- Basic understanding of Agile processes
- Understanding of technologies, frameworks and design patterns
- Exstensive understanding of Multi-threading development practices
- Experience with scalable and complex distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing
- Solid understanding of event sourcing and how it compares to CRUD
- Software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with both Windows and Linux Servers for hosting based on advantages and disadvantages
- Experience with distributed Web Services design and deployment
- Performance testing and tuning experience
- Leading/mentoring development teams experience
- Git, Subversion or other source code repositories understanding and use
- Good oral and written communication skills, and analytical skills necessary
- BS/MS in computer science, or related field
- Use of CSS frameworks (Bootstrap), preprocessors (SASS or LESS), libraries (jQuery)
- Experience with front-end user/mobile page;
- Knowledge of the eCommerce industry, warehousing, and/or inventory management
- Comprehensive Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- PTO (Sick and Vacation)
- Incentive Comp Plan
- Community Pledge
- Address Louisville, Kentucky