Artificial Intelligence Engineer
About the job
About Third Insight: Third Insight develops patented AI that emulates the human reasoning process, integrating sensor fusion and knowledge-based problem solving to address the needs of both commercial and government customers. Our current projects include AI-based planning and navigation for unmanned aerial and ground vehicles (UAVs, UGVs) in cluttered and/or GPS-denied environments and neuro-symbolic techniques that integrate deep learning with human-readable knowledge bases. Our customers include commercial partners, as well as the Departments of Defense (DOD) and Homeland Security (DHS). Applications of our platform for these customers include aircraft inspection, search and rescue efforts, and warfighter initiatives. Third Insight has over 100 years of cumulative experience spread out across our eight-person team composed of deep learning specialists, software engineers, and hardware experts.
About The Role: We are looking for two types of new hires: (1) ML/AI specialist, and (2) Symbolic Planning/Probabilistic Graph Modeling (PGM) specialist. The best candidates are creative and welcome projects for which there is no guidebook – you love figuring things out and developing new methodologies to address novel questions. We work as a team: you will learn new things every day and need to feel comfortable communicating your thoughts and exploring new concepts with your teammates. Weekly tasks vary depending on your background: you may build datasets for training neural networks, outline graph analytics methods for online learning, develop novel symbolic planning approaches, computer vision pipelines in Python and/or C++, etc. Each member of the team has his or her own strengths and we all chip in to solve problems as they arise.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in Python, TensorFlow and/or Torch, OpenCV, docker, and Linux
- Knowledge of coding standards and code reviews, source control (e.g., git), agile development (scrum planning, pair coding, etc.), and build processes, testing, and operations
- Ph.D. focused on Visual Scene Understanding, Symbolic Planning, or Probabilistic Graphical Models
- 5+ years experience in machine learning, computer vision, robot control and navigation
- Strong background in C++ 11, simulation platforms such as AirSim, and Unity and/or Unreal
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Austin, TX