Artificial Intelligence Engineer
At SoarTech, we focus on the development of artificial intelligence that reasons like humans do to automate complex tasks, improve human-machine interactions, and model human behaviors. Our philosophy is to augment, not replace, the human.
We are looking for both entry and senior level AI engineers to help us tackle the following tough problems:
- Develop human-like autonomy that can learn behaviors from a small number of demonstrations.
- Make the job of tasking an autonomous vehicle as natural as possible to allow humans to spend less time interacting with the system and more time doing other important tasks.
- Enable humans and machines to work effectively as a team by providing shared situation awareness and explainable autonomous behaviors that build trust between human and machine.
We are seeking skilled problem solvers with good software design and programming skills and expertise or knowledge in various areas of machine learning, robotics, autonomous systems, computer vision, natural language processing and human behavior modeling. Engineers at SoarTech participate in all phases of development and have opportunities to learn and advance ideas, technologies, and software products.
Duties and Responsibilities for AI Engineers:
AI engineers contribute to research and development projects by working closely as part of a project team that is responsible for developing AI technologies that solve sophisticated problems.
- AI Engineers are expected to implement algorithms, knowledge bases, complex logic, and other AI technologies into new and existing systems.
- Design, document, implement, debug, and test software.
- Understand software system specifications and recommend improvements, this includes understanding the implications of system-level decisions and how to mitigate and leverage them.
- Participate in integrated test sessions with industry partners, academia and customers/sponsors.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Highly proficient at designing and implementing software/AI components in Java, C++ or Python.
- Ability to analyze and solve challenging technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to support technical presentations, testing, and integration.
- For more senior candidates: leadership, mentoring, and other skills needed to support teams and to accomplish common goals.
Preferred Skills (Not Required):
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following technology areas:
- Machine learning algorithms including deep learning, neural network design, deep reinforcement learning, computer vision and neuromorphic algorithms
- Robotics including autonomous behavior development, swarm robotics and hardware/control/sensor integration
- Human behavior and cognitive modeling including experience with Soar or ACT-R
- Intelligent user interfaces including experience with speech, sketch and gesture recognition and other interaction technologies
- Multi-agent, swarming and complex adaptive systems
- Decision support systems
- Sensor and data fusion
- Simulation and game development
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, AI, Deep Learning, Robotics, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing and debugging complex machine learning systems.
- Experience supporting development projects for defense or aerospace technology platforms.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance (Security clearances require U.S. citizenship and a background check clear of felony convictions.)
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Ann Arbor, Michigan