Artificial Intelligence Systems Engineer
Alion is looking for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Systems Engineer (AISE) to support the GSA OASIS/FEDSIM Hyper-Innovative Operational Prototype Engineering (HOPE) program.
The HOPE systems engineering challenges require the ability to inspire a large team of diverse highly motivated and innovative engineers, to find creative integrated state of the art technical solutions and rapidly develop protypes that solve complex problems. The Team is geographically dispersed and reliant upon collaboration tools to employ the latest agile engineering tenets to realize short timelines in a multi-domain environment, integrating legacy, COTS/GOTS, and emergent capabilities.
The HOPE Task Order will have a $550M ceiling over five years. The TO supports a government customer who conducts advanced development and rapid prototyping to enhance Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) technology through air, space, and cyberspace to directly support tactical units, warfighters, and commanders. This TO will provide the full spectrum of Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) systems engineering services in support of rapid prototype development and integration activities to meet the emergent requirements of our customer and its stakeholders.
As a member of the HOPE Agile Systems Engineering (ASE) Team, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and Lead AI efforts across the full life prototyping lifecycle of machine learning algorithms, from concept, through design, to testing and fielding/ transition.
Responsibilities of the HOPE AISE include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting a large portfolio of projects that touches a cross-section of current AI concepts, capabilities, tools, and measures of success, and data structures, algorithms, and analytics.
- Identifying, evaluating, and applying AI opportunities and design decisions, including requirements, analysis of alternatives, test and evaluation plans, and sustainment planning.
- Developing and leading FEDSIM AI technical deliveries for rigor, discipline, completeness, design detail, cost effectiveness, testing accuracy, and operational utility.
- Mentor junior and mid-level AI engineers on HOPE processes, tools, methods, and culture.
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, or Engineering Management (STEM), with at least 8 years of relevant experience. Alternatively, a Master’s degree in STEM, with over 6 years of relevant experience.
- At least five years of experience leading small teams in providing support to DoD and/or IC organizations/ agencies, in AI engineering approaches/ solutions.
- 10+ years of experience on engineering teams in conceiving, planning, and conducting research and analysis for complex technological problems of considerable AI scope. Includes implementation, verification, and optimization of the algorithms for embedded systems and integration into a systems of systems (SoS) environment.
- Proficient in Python, C/C++, and machine learning tools (Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.).
- Experience with the Map-R data convergence platform
- Experience with state-of-the-art machine learning fields (natural language processing [NLP], computer vision, reinforcement learning, etc.) and NLP models.
- Strong customer service mentality along with a collaborative team mindset, and excellent communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- US Citizenship and a current TS with SCI eligibility.
Highly Desired By Not Mandatory
- Experience in the identification, development, and application of multiple technology sources (Signal Intelligence, Geospatial Intelligence, etc.) technologies, their applications, and use cases.
- Insight to opportunities to integrate across domains and technology focus areas, such as C4ISR, Electronic Warfare/ spectrum, User Interface/ HMI, EM/RF design, communications, radar/SA/GMTI, video/ FMV, PNT, hybrid clouds, and SE disciplines (e.g., RMQSI, EMI/EMC, etc.).
- Participation in software development in agile/ scrum process, using web services, applications, orchestrations, etc., with knowledge of multiple common languages and the services construct.
- Experience with experimentation/ modeling and simulation, cyber security (Risk Management Framework, DoD’s Digital Engineering initiative, and recent changes to DoD acquisition policy.
- Familiarity with several IT tools supporting AF, DoD, and IC projects in collaboration and decision making, such as JIRA, Confluence, Clear Case, SolidWorks/ PDM, JAMA, Expert Choice, etc.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Colorado Springs, CO