Big Data application Engineer at JP Morgan Chase in Jersey City
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
BIG(Business Intelligence Group) Platform provides interactive post-trade cross-market analytics to CIB executive management, sales and trading desks, quantitative and data science research teams, middle-office and operations. This position, BIG Analytics – Core Platform Developer, will play a major role in modernizing the next-gen implementation of the platform.
- Drive the agenda of the Data Rationalization Program to turn the BIG Platform in to the de-facto Software-as-a-Service platform for all big data applications across CIB markets.
- Become a major contributor on the high-performing global development team of software engineers located in London, New York and India
- Push the core-engineering concepts of the platform such as streaming, auto-scaling, recovery, redundancy, load-balancing, query execution, data replication to the next level
- Prepare the team and position the platform for a successful adaption of common APIs, cloud deployments, Jupyter notebooks and ML techniques
- Promote a higher level of automation in the areas of continuous integration, data quality production support and monitoring
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Solid development experience in core Java and Python
- Fundamental knowledge of and hands-on experience with the key open-source components of the Hadoop distribution stack such as Kafka, Spark, HBase, Impala
- Passionate to understand and own each and every byte of the trading data ingested to and processed by the platform
- Experience in building DevOps tools, from data quality checks to system performance monitoring for big data batch-driven and real-time pipelines
- Experience in AWS EMR stack is a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.