Big Data Developer
About the job
Big Data Engineer
- Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
- Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
- Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm, and Kafka.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in the area of specialty and 5 – 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- 5-8 years of Java experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Hbase, Kafka, and Spark.
- Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL – Great hands-on in Data Analysis using SQL.
- Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having the ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
- Familiarity in Dev/Ops (Puppet, Chef, Python)
- Good understanding of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Beeline, AtScale, Datameer, Kafka, and HDF.
- Address Philadelphia, PA