Big Data Developer Lead-Java / Scala
Terrific 12+ month contract opening in Jersey City, NJ for a Big Data Developer lead with Java or Scala experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Work with core team and deliver solutions using Impala/Hive, Parquet, Kafka and related Big Data Technologies
• Requirement gathering and understanding, Analyze and convert functional requirements into concrete technical tasks and able to provide reasonable effort estimates
• Responsible for end-to-end project delivery within schedule and with required level of quality.
• Reporting on all projects to senior management and cross-functional key stakeholders
• Coordinate the management of cross-function interdependencies and lead on the execution of communication plans to all key stakeholders
• Work proactively with global teams to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
• Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
• Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
• Responsible for systems analysis, architecture, Design, Coding, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
• 10-15 years of experience in development and delivering Technology projects.
• Experience in leading large Big Data Development Program on Cloudera Platform.
• Hands-on experience in different tech stacks in big data including Spark (on Scala and Java), Hive, and Impala etc.
• Experience with enterprise scale multi region project development and tracking initiatives.
• Experience in banking/capital markets or Risk or Finance is necessary.
• Strong experience in Relational and No-SQL databases
• Experience of development methodologies such as SDLC, Agile key milestones/ artifacts around same, size estimation, structure of BRD/FRD and full blown project plan preparation, test methodologies (functional, regression, performance).
• Experience driving a large build-out, implemented end to end one to two program end to end in global model.
• Complete project lifecycle exposure
• Exposure/ experience in enterprise level platform development
• Ability to manage high performance teams in high pressure delivery environment
• Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
• Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
• Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
*no c2c or visa transfers available for this role*
- Address Jersey City, NJ