Big Data Engineer
About the job
Holler’s mission is to enrich conversations everywhere with useful content in the place where people share the most—messaging.
Holler is a content platform that helps people have better conversations. By understanding the connection between content, words, people, places, and time, Holler serves up relevant and expressive content at the perfect moment – resulting in deeper emotional expression for users. Brands are not only welcome, but wanted in the conversations users have daily.
The Big Data Engineer will be a part of the core development team whose efforts are focused on the evolution of our AWS Cloud based platform. This individual will be working closely with other members of our multi-disciplinary development team to support Holler’s new product that enhances the intimacy of the brand-consumer relationship through patent-pending innovative technologies. You will be utilizing multiple technologies to build a scalable, secure, and reliable system while constantly exploring new ways to enhance the system capabilities.
- Develop and release new features and capabilities; specifically around the Holler data pipeline
- Write test plans
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and relentlessly drive them to completion
- Review code changes
- Help mentor new hires
- At least 5 years of experience in developing server applications that were deployed to an active user base for commercial or academic use
- Experience working with large amounts of data in a continuously scaling environment
- Deep knowledge of GO, Scala, or Python
- Experience working with big data technologies especially Kafka, Storm, and Spark Streaming
- Experience working with distributed search platforms e.g. ElasticSearch
- Ability to break down large requests into sub-tasks and provide higher-level status updates
Holler is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Holler is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
- Address New York, NY