Big Data Engineer – Consultant at Clarity Insights in New York City
Do you have a passion for data? Clarity Insights is a leading professional services firm focused exclusively on data and analytics. We own our solutions, providing business and technology landscape review, gap analysis, and go-forward strategy for our clients, in addition to implementing the future-state vision.
- The Industry-recognized data and analytics leaders
- Passionate problem solvers across a broad spectrum of technologies and industries
- Value seekers for measurable business outcomes
- Continuous learners through training and education
- Focused on a work-life balance with an unlimited paid time off policy
BIg Data Engineers are challenged with building the next generation of data solutions for many of the most high-profile and technologically-advanced organizations nationally. Our engagements typically target a variety of use cases across data engineering, data science, data governance, and visualization.
Big Data Engineers deliver value through….
- Hands-on, self-directed design and development of highly-scalable, reliable, and performant pipelines to consume, integrate and analyze large volumes of complex data using a variety of best-in-class proprietary and open-source platforms and tools
- Demonstration of technical, team, and solution leadership through strong communication skills to recommend actionable, data-driven insights
- Collaboration with team members, business stakeholders and data SMEs to elicit requirements and to develop business metrics and analytical insights
- Internal contribution and influence over the growth of their consultancy with direct lines of communication from team member to CEO
A Big Data engineer’s skills include, but are not limited to…
- Bachelor degree AND 3+ years of professional work experience
- SQL, SQL, SQL!
- Programming / Scripting (Python, Java, C/C++, Scala, Bash, Korn Shell)
- Linux / Windows (Command line)
- Big Data (Hadoop, Flume, HBase, Hive, Map-Reduce, Oozie, Sqoop, Spark)
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Data Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- Data Integration Tools (Ab Initio, DataStage, Informatica, SSIS, Talend)
- Databases (DB2, HANA, Netezza, Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, Vertica)
- Markup Languages (JSON, XML, YAML)
- Code Management Tools (Git/GitHub, SVN, TFS)
- DevOps Tools (Chef, Docker, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Testing / Data Quality (TDD, unit, regression, automation)
- Solving complex data and technology problems
- Leading technical teams of 2+ consultants
- Ability to design components of a larger implementation
- Excellent communication to narrate data driven insights and technical approach
- Must reside in the San Francisco, CA bay area
- Must be open to national travel model (M-TH weekly)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, without requiring transfer or sponsorship, currently or in the future
If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.
Post ID: 57
Discover More AI Jobs: