Big Data Engineer
You are passionate about data… big data. You are familiar with techniques for streaming and moving data between applications. You have developed applications that efficiently and effectively move and transform data as needed.. You want to drive the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of data for all products. You want to improve processes and outcomes for data for client consumption.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures in a hybrid cloud environment
- Assemble large and complex data sets that meet both functional and non-functional business needs
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements such as automating manual data processes, optimizing data delivery and scalability
- Build and maintain the infrastructure that is required to transfer and hold data from a wide variety of data sources
- Create analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights, operational efficiencies and other key performance metrics/indicators (KPM/KPI)
- Keep Inmar’s data secure throughout the pipeline in our hybrid cloud environment
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members that will assist them in building and optimizing Inmar’s product portfolio
- Work with stakeholders on data-related technical issues and their data needs
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines architectures and data sets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable big data data stores
- You have built processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulation, processing and extracting value from data sets
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and development processes.
- You have performed root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with public cloud technologies in Google, AWS and Azure
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as SQL Server, Postgres, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow
- Experience with object oriented/object function scripting languages such as Python, Java, Scala
- Integrity: Gains the trust of others by taking responsibility for own actions and telling the truth.
- Teamwork: Builds relationships and works cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives to build and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Adaptable: Responds to change with a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work objectives with a positive attitude.
- Innovative: Ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies.
- Curious: A desire to inquire and learn, to seek new knowledge and wisdom, and to listen to the contributions of others with a genuine interest to better self, the team, and the organization.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information to generate and evaluate potential solutions to problems, issues and challenges while weighing the accuracy and relevance of the facts, data and information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As An Inmar Associate, You
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best possible outcome.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Winston-Salem, NC