Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business.
At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. The Gaming Data Services (GDS) team provides strategic, data, operational, reporting and analytics services in pursuit of this mission and strategy. Come join us to support the gaming reporting and analytics needs as a Data Analyst.
This role is critical to the success of delivering regularly scheduled reports, tools, and analysis to multiple disciplines across gaming including marketing, engineering, finance and business development teams managing content, subscriptions and services available through Xbox. This role will partner closely with team peers on the development, validation, deployment and on-going operations of new reports and toolsets that provide vital key performance indicators on measuring the impact of our gaming programs and initiatives. This role will be hands-on, working with big data environments, querying internal data sources to analyze behavior data and provide insights on customer engagement, preferences, and monetization.
- Create & maintain operational processes of existing and new reports
- Partner with onshore & offshore resources assisting with report development and operational processes
- Troubleshoot & unblock processing issues as they occur during routine report refreshes
- Maintain and enhance game title metadata classifications
- Interface with business users and engineering teams to bridge the gap in terms of data needs and business term/logic understanding
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes
- A passion for gaming and curiosity for the overall gaming and PC industry
- A desire to learn and understand how data flows, starting from our gamers interacting with our products and services to seeing that data land in our systems and converting this data into actionable insights
- Unique balance of technical, development, project and program management skills
- Competency in database (relational and columnar) and development programming frameworks – e.g. experience with technologies such as SQL (Server/SSIS/SSAS), C#, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, Kusto Redshift, Hadoop or similar
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft BI toolsets, in particular building PowerBIs visualizations and supporting data models
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions (e.g., creating formulas, pivot tables)
- Self-starter with the ability to handle ambiguity and bring clarity and vision to such situations
- Strong ability to articulate vision, requirements & benefits, providing a solid rationale to multiple business and technical partners
- Strong communication skills, excellent collaboration and negotiation skills and the ability to work effectively across teams and organizations in a global work environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment among a diversity of disciplines
- Ability to lead by example through personally delivering high-impact work results
- Ability to influence diverse audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, business, or similar field preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Redmond, WA