New Graduate – Data Analyst
Are you excited by the opportunity to pioneer the future of travel? Do you want to redefine customer and partner travel experiences? Are you ready to fuel industry change and jump-start your career in Data Analytics? Expedia Group paves the way for early career talent to go far, fast with accelerated career advancement, unparalleled access to leadership and a culture of exceptional acceptance.
Travel is so much more than simply reaching your destination. Along your journey you will make an immediate impact on re-imagining travel by developing insightful reports on traveler trends which drive operational improvements in a way that serves our goal to bring the world within reach. From consulting with internal clients and influencing business decisions, to AB testing hypotheses, there is no shortage of opportunities for technical innovation at Expedia Group – the sky’s the limit!
Applications to this opportunity are considered for our Seattle and Austin offices.
What You’ll Do
- You will partner with internal clients using a consultative approach to understand business problems, identifying the team’s key challenges, provide/prototype solutions, and help solve using statistical analysis and tools
- You’ll work to define and decipher problems by using available data and making reasonable assumptions and will turn mounds of data into actionable insights to help drive improvements for customers, for the business, and for our operations
- Identify data sources, and correlate data across them, to develop insights that drive operational improvements
- You will have the ability to support, influence and challenge business decisions with data and timely & insightful analyses
- You will communicate analysis findings and recommendations to various levels including organization leadership in a clear, concise, and influential manner
- You will become a data guru – you’ll become the point of contact for data questions and insights
- You’ll turn data-based findings and insights into hypotheses for AB testing through analytical rigor
- You’ll monitor engagement and conversion trends across the network, identify breaks in trends, understand underlying drivers, and surface opportunities and threats
- You’ll develop self-service reporting for product and development teams, by collecting and integrating data from various sources, including web analytics tools and internal databases
- Present a holistic analysis to analytics and busines s leadership
Who You Are
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an analytical field such as: Computer Science , Marketing Science , Statistics , Mathematics , Analytics , Economics , Business
- Graduating in December 202 0 or Spring 202 1
- 3.0 or above minimum cumulative G.P.A with prior internship, related projects or leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience solving problems with data querying using SQL, statistics and modeling in classes, projects or prior work experience
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Skills in Tableau, R, Python are a bonus for data transformation, analysis and visualization
Some Exciting Projects We’ve Worked On
Season Occupancy Tableau Report: Our intern built a report that allows easy access to understand occupancy by top markets. This helps partner success and marketing focus on which markets they need to procure additional listings
Traveler conversion Tableau analysis: Another intern built a report that shows traveler conversion by market for length of stay and Leadtime. This allowed our product team to narrow in on specific traveler use cases that needed product improvement to drive conversion
Partner Acceptance Tableau analysis: We asked our intern to build a report that showed partner acceptance by market for length of stay and Leadtime. This allowed our partner product team to narrow in on specific traveler use cases that needed product improvement to drive partner acceptance
Identify peak events for Market Maker: This report systematically identified the days in all 44 flywheel markets that had the highest ADR, and the event that occurred that day. This data will be input into Market Maker and allow for smarter pricing, helping to increase Net Booked Value
New Customer Market Profiling: An intern built a methodology to define the customer lifetime value for new customers acquired in specific travel markets and used unsupervised machine learning clustering to define the most valuable clusters of markets to be used in prioritizing acquisition campaigns.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Seattle, WA