About the job
Are you our next Data Engineer?
We are one of the fastest growing procurement software companies in the Americas and Europe and have managed to accomplish that in a profitable, self-financed manner. We kept growing even during these hard times and want to grow more. We feel that we have just scratched the surface and want to have a bigger impact on the market.
As part of our growth, we are now looking for a passionate Data Engineer, to join our teams in Chicago. Come and shape the future of the Procurement information hub with us.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for defining the integration architectures of our customer’s implementations, creating integrations and supporting the environments in the continuous service mode. This means working with the biggest and coolest global customers and their ERP systems, but also with 3rd party providers of data on market, risk, sustainability, diversity indexes and so forth.
As a Data Engineer, you would:
- With your team members and together with the clients, develop an understanding of our clients’ procurement analytics needs.
- Work with a combination of Microsoft SQL, SSIS and Sievo’s own proprietary integration tools as well as database structures and data content of all kinds of ERPs.
- Design and build the data integrations and migrations required for Sievo applications together with the rest of the Sievo team. These could be clients’ ERPs and other systems, but also other external data such as market indices or data provided by suppliers.
- Work and communicate internally with other Sievonians but also represent Sievo’s integration field externally with our customers’ IT and project members.
- Provide active support and improvement ideas to our existing integration processes and constantly look to improve our tools, internal processes and best practices.
- Ensure that everything you do is robust, sustainable and scalable.
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop our product and create cutting-edge analytical solutions.
- Have the courage to question things and to speak up: We believe development comes from challenging the status quo.
We are looking for both people early in their career to develop into this role as well as more seasoned professionals. We value people who have a passion for data and analytics, enjoy working with clients and helping them solve complex procurement analytics related problems, possess a certain intellectual curiosity for learning as well as the drive to get things done. We are currently migrating to the cloud and this could be an opportunity for you to jump on that plane with us!
We promise you:
- A set of cool global clients to work with. Yes – the ones you read about in business & management books. The ones with the largest amounts of data.
- An environment that challenges you to exceed but enables you to learn more.
- A great place to work with a relaxed work environment.
- Chill office in Chicago, we also provide all essential tools to work remotely.
- Freedom and responsibility. We are looking for people who yearn for this freedom, can make the most out of it and are willing to take on the responsibility.
- Possibility to work with an international group of great people with diverse backgrounds.
- An opportunity to learn new stuff and grow within the team.
What typically gives a good starting point for our next Data Engineer?
- Being independent and taking ownership.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as ability to take time off.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle vast amounts of data.
- Genuine ETL/SQL enthusiasm.
- Interest in automating processes.
- Desire to always develop your skills.
- Fluency in English. Other language skills are appreciated.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Consulting experience is valued.
- Good communication skills.
Extra points for:
- Scripting knowledge like PowerShell or Python.
- Azure fundamentals.
- Experience in working with REST APIs.
- Understanding of Azure ETL services like Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Data Lake, Etc.
- Fluent Spanish
Apply now by providing your application and CV through our recruitment system, however the latest 9th of May.
You can read more about Sievo at www.sievo.com
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Chicago, IL