About the job
As a Data Scientist , you’ll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, and work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions.
What You’ll Do
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights, and present these insights to the different stakeholders
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operation as well as expansion to new markets
Who You Are
- A natural relationship builder that values camaraderie, comes with a sense of humor, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Obtained a Master’s degree in statistics, math, computer science, operations research, or other highly quantitative fields with 2+ years of industry experience in a Data Scientist or equivalent role, or a PhD degree with 3+ years of highly quantitative graduate-level research experience.
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
- Obsessed with data; analytical and rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing and editing skills.
- Passionate about elegant visualization; you understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience with the transportation industry is a plus
- Prior role at a startup or similar high-growth environment
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
- Address New York, NY