About the job
Papa’s mission is to support families throughout the aging journey. Every day 11,000 people in the United States turn 65. Loneliness is a disease and Social Determinants of Health have huge impacts on people’s lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised over $31M in funding. Our investors include Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Operator Partners, Magnify Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), and YCombinator.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role
As the first Data Scientist at Papa, you will play a key role in improving our user experience and the health of our marketplace. You will partner with business owners across growth, product, and operations to understand goals, craft KPIs, and measure ongoing performance.
Initially, you will work with product, growth, and engineering teams to ensure we have the proper instrumentation in place to deliver on these metrics. This may include input into expanding Papa’s data management capabilities. Your work will be crucial to architecting and building our data infrastructure.
You will subsequently use advanced statistical techniques to analyze large data sets and identify key insights to inform growth opportunities, product improvements, and business strategy. You will help ensure that our teams are asking the right questions and help find those answers.
- Fully understand Papa’s data landscape and data management capabilities, including data sources, data pipelines, data warehouse, and data visualization tool.
- Develop attribution models to help optimize growth efforts.
- Design and add new features to data warehouse models to enable analysis.
- Determine which multi-touch attribution model is most useful to the business.
- Explore high-level questions like “What are the patterns of our most successful users?”
- Proactively challenge assumptions and surface opportunities. Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Non-hierarchical, with a willingness to roll-up your sleeves, multitask and dive into details
- A lack of ego, driven by group outcome, not the individual outcome
- Committed to supporting a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment
- Degree in data science, computer science, math, statistics, engineering, operational research, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years work experience in data science and analytics, with a focus on marketing analytics, statistical modeling, machine learning, forecasting, optimization and visualization to solve real-world problems
- Proficiency in Python and/or R for data analysis.
- Expertise with SQL (and relational databases) and data visualization tools such as Looker for data exploration and ad hoc analysis.
- Experience working with Data warehouses such as Snowflake.
- Strong communication skills, ability to explain complex problems, and to share and visualize findings with business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and juggle between multiple priorities, leading high quality work and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Experience in media or marketing analytics, including campaign measurement, cross-platform deduplication and lookalike modeling, or multi-touch attribution modeling.
- Experience designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new features.
Salary & Benefits:
- Market competitive salary
- Bonus provided based on individual goals
- Health benefits
- Health Care, Vision, Dental
- PTO + paid holidays (available after 90-days)
- 401K + matching
- Stock Options
- Address United States