About the job
Motorola Mobility is one of the world’s fastest growing smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow.
- Lead the building & design of machine learning models, data architecture, and end-to-end pipelines to improve various aspects of service operations, such as customer service, risk reduction, fraud, and device diagnosis
- Work cross functionally with operations and engineering teams to define and collect data to solve business problems
- Use machine learning state of the art techniques for feature engineering, anomaly detection, predictive and general model building
- Communicate results in a comprehensive clear manner
- 5+ years of industry experience building machine learning solutions from business ideas to products
- Provide guidance and mentorship to software engineers, data scientists and interns
- Analytical skills to root cause complex issues and provide possible solution(s), document, and communicate to stakeholders
- Understanding of advanced statistics and modern machine learning techniques (e.g. classification, clustering, NLP, optimization, neural network)
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences, globally
- Data engineering experience (e.g. Spark, Hive)
- Experience productionizing real-time machine learning solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Address Chicago, IL