About the job
Job title: Tableau Data Scientist
Duration: 6+ Months Contract to Hire
Location: Dallas, TX
Technical Must Haves: Previous hands-on experience with Tableau – minimum of 5 years mandatory. Experience with Tableau Prep is mandatory. Demonstrated programming/scripting experience, ideally with Python or R2 is mandatory. Strong preference for Tableau Certs. Strong preference – TabPy.
Tableau Data Scientist
• Develop smart, compelling dashboards and reports to track key performance indicators (KPI’s), identify trends, and monitor company initiatives on business operation results and line of business weekly, monthly, quarterly.
• Build predictive pattern and trends, related to investigation and root cause determination business operations, operational functions, workflow, processes, and other business-related issues.
• Work with the support teams and business technology to build and implement analytics performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets.
• Leverage Business Intelligence Tools Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, ServiceNow Performance Analytics, Microsoft Excel as developer.
• Construct dashboards and reports as needed using Tableau Desktop and collaboration using Tableau Server. Create report schedules on Tableau server.
• Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to operational improvements. Communicate key insights and findings to stakeholders.
• Perform unit and performance testing of the reports developed. Help design, document and maintain system processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
• 5-7 years of current and hands-on experience with Tableau Desktop and demonstrated expertise with complex data visualizations and data modelling.
• 1 year hands-on experience using Tableau prep and automating prep flows on Tableau Server
• Experience with all features of Tableau version 2020.4 and beyond – Data sources, Extracts, Variety of Data Visualizations, Tableau server Collaboration.
• Demonstrate experience delivering solutions to stringent SLAs for report performance
• Ability to manage priorities and meet critical deadlines.
• Extensive computer software skills with other programs such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Ability to solve advanced-level, complicated problems with minimal supervision.
• Ability to cleanse, aggregate, merge or otherwise prepare data for analysis using Tableau Prep tool.
• Tableau Desktop certification preferred.
• Utilize programming and business intelligence skills (SQL, Tableau) on analytical platforms to prepare and manage data; create dashboards; develop KPIs and provide business insights
• Demonstrate extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like facts, attributes, hierarchies, transformations, filters, prompts, calculated fields, sets, groups, parameters etc., in Tableau.
• Understand database structure and processes with strong knowledge of SQL queries and data sets.
• Experience extracting new and innovative insights from sophisticated, non-traditional and/or larger datasets
• Experience with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Prep data extract/output refresh automation on Tableau Server
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders and Sr. Management on both
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Address Dallas, TX