About the job
Data Scientist with PhD and agriculture/ crop science domain experience is needed to support data driven crop insights at global scale from remote sensing, proximal sensing, grower data and other relevant geospatial datasets for a dynamic company. This is a long term contract position budgeted for at least a year (+) with potential to convert to full-time. Candidate will initially work remote, but will need to work on-site once the virus clears. Due to contractual obligations, candidate must be on our W2. PhD is highly preferred; Candidates from Big 10 schools or Washington University are encouraged to apply.
Requirements for the Data Scientist:
- PhD degree in Agronomy, Geography, Remote sensing, Hydrology, Atmospheric Science or a related discipline
- Solid working knowledge of irrigation management and technologies and science concepts
- Strong coding skills
- Experience with remote sensing applications in agriculture
- Experience with GIS and remote sensing software packages
Preferred Qualifications for the Data Scientist: (considered a plus)
- Industry experience developing or deploying data products in agriculture/ crop science environment
- Experience in evaluating and refining technology through in-field testing.
- Experience with ML applications in agricultural and or crop science domain
- Experience in mass processing and analysis of remote sensing data.
- Exceptional communication skills for effective interactions with senior business stakeholders as well as peer groups and team members
Please apply online or email email@example.com. If you don’t meet these requirements, but are interested in other Impellam NA, Corestaff Services or Lorien opportunities, please register with us online at ess.impellam.com.
Lorien is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Greater St. Louis