About the job
About the Company:
Power Digital is a leading, data-driven marketing company that is nationally recognized for its ability to combine the best of art and science. As a full-service firm, the company offers best-in-class services including: SEO, Content Marketing, Paid Media, Social Media Marketing, Public Relations, Influencer Marketing, Email + SMS, Conversion Rate Optimization, Amazon Marketing, Creative, and Web Development. Power Digital is hyper-focused on helping brands scale revenue and increase profits by using data and analytics to guide strategy, ultimately driving irrefutable value for clients. Unique to Power Digital is their proprietary, machine-learning platform SPRnova™ that can analyze any business’s growth opportunities with a corresponding roadmap of how to execute and track progress across every marketing channel. Leveraging their team of the nation’s leading consumer strategists, creatives and data scientists, Power Digital provides scalable and tangible marketing solutions for each stage of the funnel and for every milestone of the consumer journey.
About the Role:
Power Digital, one of San Diego’s top Digital Marketing Agencies is growing our innovative technology team! We are located in Old Town, San Diego and are looking for an experienced data scientist who is an expert in predictive ML modeling and development.
In 2020 Power Digital launched nova, our proprietary platform for digital marketing auditing, forecasting, strategy planning, and reporting. The nova platform integrates data from hundreds of clients and dozens of data sources. Using this data, it can analyze and make recommendations for over 50 marketing strategies in 13 marketing channels to provide insights and tools for our employees & customers.
Current data initiatives include forecast modeling and recommendation engine in the nova software platform. You will be responsible for developing underlying models and algorithms supporting these initiatives, coordinating these features into production, measuring results, and iterating to increase accuracy and value over time.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning, data, scale, and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from complex data sets to execute against and contribute to our product roadmap.
*This is a remote opportunity open to anyone legally eligible to work in the U.S.
As a part of our technology team, this role will contribute to our nova software by performing requirements engineering and deploying new features. This includes participating in agile development processes like sprint planning, standups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint boards, backlogs, and ticket management. This Data Scientist will work with team members to continue to grow the department capabilities and support our clients.
- Identify and build machine learning models appropriate to product needs
- Validate and optimize models in real-time
- Collaborate with engineering team to bring models to production software features
- Measure and improve models and data accuracy over time
- Partner with product, engineering, and users to identify and prioritize new features and algorithms based on usage and feedback
- Analyze and improve data storage & strategy including quality, sources, maintenance, and structure to meet product needs
- Build expert knowledge in marketing industry data sources
- Provide mentorship and guidance to data analysts
- Experience of building and maintaining machine learning systems (configuration, data collection, data verification, feature extraction, resource and process management, analytics, training, serving, validation, experimentation, monitoring)
- Understanding of ML techniques and algorithms (supervised vs. unsupervised learning, regression, recommendation, etc)
- Strong knowledge of model building & validation procedures
- Experience with R, Python or other programing languages
- Experience with SQL
- Strong data skills and the ability to work with large structured and unstructured data sources
- Good analytical and critical thinking
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Undergraduate or higher degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or other relevant areas
- Strong understanding of statistics
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud-based infrastructure
We are passionate about digital marketing and web solutions and are looking for some great technical talent to join our team! We would love to talk to you if you think you could help our team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance plans with significant employer contribution towards employee monthly premium
- Employer sponsored life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401k plan with up to 4% employer match after 6 months of service
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee assistance program
- Monthly & quarterly team bonding activities
- Commission and bonus opportunities each month/quarter
- Flexible Return to Work options post-pandemic
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address United States Remote