About the job
Position at EVgo
EVgo (NASDAQ: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 65 metropolitan areas across 34 states and more than 250,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work, and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
EVgo is searching for a bright and inquisitive Data Scientist to its growing Data Science and Data Strategy team and to advance the analytic. You will use data, analysis, and algorithms to address some of the toughest challenges facing the growth of vehicle electrification and support the company’s strategic decision-making.
You will work closely with the Director of Data Science and Data Strategy to select and execute Data Science in any number of areas, including network planning, asset optimization, investments, pricing, marketing, and electric rate design. Your process will include data exploration, experimentation, and visualization. You will make detailed recommendations that will lead us to optimize the business, win market share, generate more revenue and accelerate the adoption of EVs.
This is a highly cross-functional role, with a great deal of autonomy and exposure to executive management. You’ll be expected to contribute to a broad problem set and, in many ways, you’ll be viewed as the owner of some of our most complex challenges.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Data Wrangling – assemble data from various sources and formats into a single set suitable for analysis.
- Spatial Analysis – Build and manage predictive models to estimate market demand, support network planning, and guide site acquisition efforts.
- Visualization – create and curate charts and graphics that reveal useful insights.
- Modeling – design, test, and implement models that predict or explain data.
- Industry Knowledge – learn the technical details of the EV charging business and its sources of data.
- Reporting Progress – communicate to others about your progress, obstacles, and learnings.
As a member of the Data Science and Data Strategy team, you will work with team leadership on:
- Project Selection – propose and promote projects that will answer important questions, support strategic decisions, or optimize control of automated systems.
- Experimentation – design experiments to understand customer behaviors and motivations and how they evolve with accumulated experience and infrastructure growth.
- Data Exploration – analyze data to answer questions and develop hypotheses.
- Communication – document methods and present results to non-technical colleagues.
- Maintaining Expertise – identify and understand new data sources and analytic innovations beneficial EVgo and its customers.
- BS or MS in Data Science related field including Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or similar.
- 5+ years of professional programming or scripting experience, or 2+ years with MS or Ph.D.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical computer language (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate and draw insights from large data sets. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with advanced analytic techniques such as linear regression, experimental design/AB testing, machine learning, natural language processing, Bayesian modeling, or numerical simulation.
- Works independently with little oversight, but also knows when to ask for guidance.
- Enjoys resolving technical problems with team members.
- Bonus: Proficiency with Graphical Information Systems (“GIS”).
- Bonus: Experience in smart grid or clean tech-related industries, including electric vehicle charging, battery storage, demand response, utility metering/pricing, renewable credit markets, or distributed energy resources.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Los Angeles, CA