About the job
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal is a global leader in online payments and democratization of financial services, providing payment solutions for hundreds of millions of customers all over the world. As a Data Scientists in PayPal’s Global Data Science organization, you will have an impact on PayPal’s product all around the world. Our data scientists work to better understand our end-users, identify opportunities and improve our products outreach by creating personal and smart experiences. Making use of PayPal’s endless amount of data, you will leverage your data and machine learning skills, for research and delivery of end-to-end Data Science solutions. If you are an experienced Data Scientist with sharp analytical skills and a passion for deriving new insights from unimaginable amounts of data, solving unique challenges, leveraging machine learning algorithms, and working in a highly collaborative, values-driven environment – then PayPal’s Global Data Sciences (GDS) is looking for you.
What does Success Look Like?
In your role as a Data-Scientist, you will:
- Work with partners to translate business challenges into Data Science problems
- Mine data and extract information in PayPal’s Big (!) Data environment
- Leverage Machine Learning algorithms to solve real-life problems
- Work with engineers and product managers to develop and deliver E2E data science driven solutions that bring real business value
- Analyze various kinds of data to conclude actionable insights
- Carry out independent research and innovation in new content and technological domains, while supporting existing projects
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Code writing capability in any programming language (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.) and familiarity with relevant ML packages
- Hadoop experience (PIG, Hive, Spark)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communications in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address San Jose, CA