Data Scientist, Advertising
About the job
We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans. As part of the Advertising team, we’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Come join us and help build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
We are looking for someone to help us in some of the following areas. How do we:
- Drive a better Free user experience?
- Understand how users interact with advertising through voice activated channels?
- Build innovative ad formats across multiple platforms that serve advertiser needs while improving the listening experience?
- Accurately measure the impact & efficiency of advertisements/promotions?
- Build the future of podcast advertising, so that users can interact with ads seamlessly, and creators can monetize their work easily?
- Optimally scale our podcast monetization strategy on Spotify, ensuring listener, advertiser, and creator happiness?
- Seamlessly integrate ad content with podcast content?
What You’ll Do
- You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, user researchers, product owners, designers, engineers and business partners who are passionate about Spotify’s success.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract measurable insights that will help drive product decisions
- Impact product strategy by leading foundational research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of how product, platforms & promotions influence user behavior
- Deliver standardized reporting and dashboards, from design through to delivery and administration
Who You Are
- You know how to understand and tackle loosely defined problems and come up with relevant answers and meaningful insights to guide product development decisions
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense
- You have 4+ years of proven experience, with a degree in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, or mathematics or another quantitative field
- You have the technical competence to perform analytics: wrangling and querying data (SQL), coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala), experience with analytics & visualization libraries (pandas, tidyverse, seaborn, ggplot), visualization tools (Tableau, and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You possess statistical competence (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
- You are an effective communicator: stellar communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated thoughts and strategies into simple, impactful recommendations
It’s a plus if you
- Worked in an analytics role within an advertising function
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York, NY