The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the full-time, salaried position of Data Scientist at the New York State Office of Mental Health, Office of Performance Measurement and Evaluation.
FUNCTION AND SCOPE
The Early Psychosis Intervention Network (EPINET) program is part of NIMH’s creation of a national learning health care system (LHS) for early psychosis care. The primary goal of the project is delivering high-quality and continuously-improving coordinated specialty care (CSC) to individuals with first-episode psychosis (FEP) to reduce schizophrenia’s enormous illness burden.
The candidate will join a team of NYS OMH staff and will have primary responsibilities for assisting data analyses and developing predictive models, leveraging Medicaid claims and other administrative databases that will support the research analytics for EPINET.
The minimum qualifications are: A Bachelor’s Degree and three years of professional research or data science experience in the appropriate field; or a Master’s Degree and one years of such experience; or a doctorate in the appropriate field. Appropriate fields include: Biostatistics, Math, Computer Science, Data Science, Public Health, or a closely related field.
- Expertise in the research, development, and support of data visualization techniques and experience with solving analytical problems using statistical approaches.
- Experience with various relational database management systems. Strong relational and multidimensional data modeling skills. Proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience with GLM, Mixed Models and Longitudinal Data. Exposure to causal inference and related statistical methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with novel Machine Learning approaches
- Proficiency in statistical and machine learning tools including SAS, Python, R.
- Preferred candidates will have experience working with Medicaid claim, encounter and recipient eligibility data, survey data, proficiency in using BI reporting tools such as Tableau.
- Solid presentation, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work independently and in teams.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop processes to assure data quality and integrity, and analyze model performance for reporting and analytics
- Develop code that is leveraged by a wider team and/or contribute to a collaborative code base
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging administrive data to drive business solutions.
- Design and implement data flows and visualizations, generally working with a small team of developers
- Develop custom data models and machine learning algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Mine and analyze data from administrive databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, techniques and business strategies.
- Assist writing research papers, reports, reviews and summaries.
Work Location: The position will be located at the NYS OMH Office of Performance Measurement at the NYS Office of Mental Health Central Office, 44 Holland Avenue, Albany, NY 12229.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Albany, NY