Praescient Analytics, LLC (Praescient) is a Veteran-led, certified Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) founded in 2011 that specializes in implementing advanced analytics solutions across the defense, intelligence, and law enforcement communities. With over 40 contracts across 6 continents, over 70% of our employees are veterans and or have intel/law enforcement experience. We fully understand the unique challenges of our clients and work to identify, vet, implement, and enhance commercial and proprietary technologies to provide full scope solutions, because we have been there. Praescient has extensive experience designing, developing, and integrating solutions for customers including the US Army, Special Operations Command (SOCOM), US Navy (USN), US Marine Corps (USMC), US Coast Guard (USCG), Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), intelligence community, and local law enforcement agencies, among others.
Praescient Analytics is in search of a Data Scientist who has the ability to apply expert knowledge in statistical analysis, complex data mining, and artificial intelligence to make value out of data. Under little or no supervision, the Data Scientist will be able to provide consultations related to the data mining and analysis of data from a range of sources to transform raw data into concise and actionable insights.
- Designs and implements data-driven solutions, with specific focus on advanced analytical methods, data models, and visualizations.
- Develop quantitative simulations and models to provide descriptive and predictive analytics solution recommendations.
- Identifies trends and problems through complex big data analysis. Maintains current in emerging tools and techniques in machine learning, statistical modeling, and analytics.
- Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research or other closely related other quantitative or mathematical disciplines. A PhD degree may be substituted for up to three (3) years of experience.
- Eight (8) years relevant experience in applied data science research or big data analytics.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data mining methods, databases, data visualization and machine learning.
- Ability to communicate analysis techniques, concepts, and products.
- Ability to develop data-driven solutions, data models, and visualizations.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Real opportunity for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated
- Constant collaboration with numerous teams to ensure client success
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, Company paid United Health Care Medical for you and your family (We pay your premiums and deductibles)
- 401(k) & 4% matching
- Travel & performance incentives
- 3 weeks paid time off (plus Federal Holidays)
- $5K annual training allowance
- $500 book allowance
- Tuition reimbursement program
Praescient Analytics is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all. Employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, national origin, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or status in the uniformed services of the United States, status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or on any other basis which is protected under applicable law. This includes a commitment to provide a work environment that is free from all forms of illegal harassment including sexual harassment.
This covers all terms and conditions of employment including (but not limited to):
- Hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, or demotion of all job classifications;
- Recruiting, advertising or solicitation for employment;
- Treatment during employment;
- Rates of pay or other forms of compensation;
- Selection for training;
- Company sponsored social and recreational activities; and
- Layoff or termination
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US Citizenship Required
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Arlington, VA