Data Scientist, Auction Expert
About the job
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The massive scale and heavy engagement of the people using our products make the Facebook ads platform a powerful growth vehicle for businesses and other marketers. It also makes Facebook the ideal place to drive cutting edge research to develop innovative marketing strategies in the new mobile and value first world. The successful candidate will focus on investigating and understanding the current best practices for advertising on Facebook as well as using data science to discover new strategies. They will also be focused on consulting with advertisers, partnering with our sales stakeholders, and sharing their findings with internal and external audiences. The team works with advertisers across various tiers and segments to test hypotheses, develop strategies, and educate on the best ways to optimize performance.
The team is made up of data scientists with a diverse set of backgrounds. Specifically, we have team members with various levels of academic attainment (Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD), work experience, and professional backgrounds. The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of analyzing and deriving insights from data. They will be intellectually curious, a great communicator, data-driven, a fast learner, and able to move fast while keeping focused on high-impact projects. Applicants should have a strong quantitative understanding, a talent for taking complex concepts and distilling them into clear accessible learnings, and a willingness to empower and help others through sharing their knowledge. As this team is fundamentally focused on R&D, the candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity and answering broad research questions.
- Apply analytical skills to complex quantitative problems, presenting and driving actions from insights to key stakeholders both reactively and proactively
- Develop deep understanding of the Facebook Auction, analyzing current performance and developing new strategies for optimization
- Work closely with our Marketing Science and sales teams, as well as advertisers directly, to identify, analyze, and scale auction practices
- Research applied machine learning questions in our ads system to improve system understanding and drive advertiser value
- Identify strategic levers for improving advertiser performance across Facebook’s ads auction
- Present polished findings and recommendations directly to various stakeholders
- Elevate key themes to our product research teams that should be focused on deeper investigation or alpha testing of new opportunities
- Experience doing statistical analysis (e.g. regression, probability) using tools such as Python, R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with SQL
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or Finance)
- 2+ years of analytics experience
- Experience delivering and driving action based on data-driven insights
- Experience communicating concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience influencing and partnering with stakeholders across organizations
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and delivering results
- Experience with experimental design
- Experience working with machine learning algorithms and AI Systems
- Experience with digital advertising
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Austin, TX Remote