Data Scientist, Research & Development
Reports to: VP, Product Development and Data Science
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata is seeking a highly analytical candidate to join our team as a Data Scientist on the Research and Development (R&D) team. The R&D team conducts early stage research to prioritize new product concepts, manages the short term product pipeline by taking products and features to at least a proof of concept stage, and identifies and integrates external data to compliment and enrich our existing proprietary data.
The Data Scientist will support the R&D team with their strong business acumen and ability to develop data product prototypes. Strong communication and experience collaborating across multiple teams is a must. They should enjoy working with complex problems and use a broad range of analytical techniques to creatively tackle new questions and issues as they arise.
Including but not limited to:
Define Customer Needs and Pursue Solutions
- Collaborate with Client Analytics & Insights team to understand our clients’ needs
- Break down complex problems into discrete issues and determine which ones to prioritize and pursue
Collect, Clean and Set-up Data
- Evaluate external data sources for usefulness, reliability and ease of integration
- Wrangle structured and unstructured data from diverse sources into a standardized form
- Play with the data until it breaks and surface issues before it gets to the client or client teams
Analyze and Visualize Data
- Design and conduct comparative analyses of large complex datasets to determine next steps
- Summarize analysis using a wide range of data visualization techniques to determine the types of insights derived from the product and data limitations
- Prototype new ways of visualizing and interacting with our data
Develop and deploy machine learning and statistical models
- Use understanding of the underlying data and business objectives to optimize feature engineering for input data
- Design and train models (current priority applications are in pattern similarity detection, but there are a wide range of potential product use cases)
- Work with engineering team to deploy machine learning algorithms into production environment
- Draw relevant conclusions from analysis and make recommendations based on how these conclusions impact new and existing products
- Document data definitions to be embedded in new products and business rules for analysis of these new data
- Work with internal teams (product development, client services, data operations) to translate analytical findings and model prototypes into product requirements and insights for clients
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience. Please note that we are interested in strong candidates of all experience levels. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Applied experience with Machine learning algorithms (classification, clustering, optimization) beyond just tinkering, or classroom
- Real world experience with Spark (SQL + MLlib): querying, manipulating and analyzing large (100+ TB) data sets, plus using ML models (Scala preferred, but Python/R/Java still useful)
- Strong toolkit of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques rooted in business, economic and statistical analysis
- Examples of business analysis include: market competitiveness, financial analysis, social media monitoring
- Examples of statistical analysis include: linear regression, logistic regression, non-parametric statistics, probabilistic modelling, spatial modeling
- Passionate about telling stories using data
- Desire to get hands dirty working with data every day, balanced with ability to surface insights that shape new products
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, or able to generate compatible outputs using other tools, e.g. csv files
- Some experience with statistical packages (e.g. R, Python stats libraries, SPSS, SAS, STATA)
- Experience with largescale geospatial data
- Experience with AWS suite of tools for data analysis, data management and ETL processes: EMR, s3, aws cli
- Proficiency with Hive and SQL a significant plus
- Telecoms industry expertise a plus
- Some experience with data visualization tools desirable (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire)
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Explain why you are interested in working for Comlinkdata and the specific role.
- Describe one relevant project where you used data to create actionable business insights or a data-driven product
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Boston, MA