Alight unlocks enterprise growth for the world’s most influential companies with future ready human capital and business solutions. We combine industry leading data and insights with unmatched depth and operational expertise to improve the employee experience and optimize cloud-enabled business processes. Our 15,000 colleagues proudly serve thousands of clients and their more than 30 million employees and family members throughout 180 countries. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100, achieve next level transformation at alight.com.
Organizations worldwide are grappling with mounting business and people challenges. Alight is leading the industry with a new suite of solutions to help organizations address critical benefits, healthcare management and finance issues and transform for the future. These solutions will empower organizations of all sizes better perform in these critical business areas. Alight is currently expanding our Analytics team to further develop these and other strategic service offerings. This unique opportunity provides the candidate to get in on the ground floor of hiring and developing the Analytics team and establish processes to support the team and the products they create.
- Uncover strategic insights in our data to drive value.
- Manage data, build models and visualizations to identify patterns
- Develop algorithms and programs needed to support analytics activities
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with teams of experienced analysts, developers and business experts to implement opportunities as they are discovered
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Other responsibilities as identified
- Master’s degree or relevant experience in Statistics, Physical Sciences, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or related quantitative fields.
- 5 plus years’ practical experience with ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Strong statistics and mathematics background
- Track-record of independent learning and technical problem-solving
- Experience managing projects and multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to develop and communicate creative solutions to technical problems
- Strong understanding of software technology, computational techniques, and data models
- Experience deploying predictive models into production
- Expertise using Tableau, Power BI (or similar visualization tool) and SQL. We expect you are an Excel superuser.
- Expertise with Python/R and other leading programming and statistical applications
- Experience working with and manipulating large data sets, including Big Data tools and platforms (e.g. Hadoop)
- Role model for global and cross-cultural team support
- Coaches and provides feedback to other colleagues
- Coaches broader team on data science methodology
- Self-driven and comfortable working without detailed direction
- Able to identify and solve problems on your own
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Intellectually curious with an ability to focus on what matters to the business
- Passionate about quality
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Discover More AI Jobs: