Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ Smart Fridges (software-enabled vending machines). We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We Are Looking For a Data Scientist, Who Will
- Be responsible for the algorithms and models that power our unique demand forecasting and food allocation process
- Develop new machine learning algorithms that help the business make data-driven decisions, such as personalizing product recommendations and predicting churn
- As part of a small and agile team, you will be responsible for end-to-end execution from initial scoping and research to post-deployment results measurement
- Provide feedback and work with engineers to improve the data science pipeline to make the end-to-end machine learning lifecycle more seamless
What Your Background May Look Like
- At least 3 years of data science experience in industry post-academia
- Familiarity and general knowledge with recommender systems and time series analysis
- Experienced with various learning algorithms such as supervised and unsupervised.
- Proficiency with Python or R (Python preferred)
- Experience with owning end-to-end data solutions
- Comfortable explaining and presenting data science concepts to a non-technical audience to obtain buy-in
Nice To Have
- Experience with food, manufacturing, or distribution industries
- Experience with distributed machine learning on cloud-based big data stack
- Experience with model governance and model explainability
Who You Are
- A Problem-solver: You enjoy tackling obstacles. You have the ability to understand issues from multiple angles and uncover the best path forward
- A Self-starter: You proactively seek out ways in which you can positively influence our business with your expertise and experience
- A Communicator: You can convey ideas clearly and effectively; however, your secret power is listening and understanding
- Improvement-oriented: You have an eye for optimization and a proven ability to learn new skills quickly
Benefits At Farmer’s Fridge
In This Together – Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact “employee drive-thru”.
Happier Weekdays – Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We’re a fun and passionate group, and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there’s no hierarchy here when we’re all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate – We’re all teachers and learners. You’ll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures
- Address Chicago, IL