Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
- We are determined.
- We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
- We are inclusive.
- We are expressive and fun.
- And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through our inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Data Scientist, Consumer Lifecycle Management: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
The Consumer Lifecycle Management department at Vans consists of two groups:
- Loyalty: This team manages the “Vans Family” loyalty program. The program empowers us to better understand our consumers and in turn enables us to deliver more personalized brand experiences.
- Analytics: By tapping into consumer data from all transactional and experiential brand touch points, this team creates consumer knowledge and provides relevant and actionable insights to the organization.
As the CLM Data Scientist, you will report to the Sr. Manager, CLM who leads the analytics group. You will leverage your prior consumer, retail or marketing analytics experience to provide analyses and insights to global functional leaders in order to help impact critical business decisions and future strategies.
You will provide important and relevant analyses of transactional and consumer data to drive our marketing and business decisions that result in increased revenue, consumer experience and brand affinity. You will collaborate with various internal clients to add value to their field of expertise by understanding our consumers’ behavior, recommend action plans and analyze critical results.
With this opportunity, you will use your master skills in SQL, Python, R, SAS and other systems. You are familiar with navigating the pitfalls of analyzing transactional and consumer data. You have foundational knowledge in advanced analytic methodologies, such as regression, cluster analysis and predictive modeling. Your attention to details and strong analytical and data qualifications will help you manage plans and projects simultaneously and ensure a high level of accuracy of your results.
You have an inherent passion for data and data driven thinking and can extract patterns from volumes of data to drive insights and operational efficiencies. You can also take that data and tell an easy to understand brand story with actionable items for others. Additionally, you have a connectivity to youth culture, creative expression and live the Van Doren Spirit: work hard, collaborate well and most importantly, have fun.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Manage multiple global consumer analytics projects simultaneously to provide insights, dashboards/reporting and recommended business actions.
- Develop and apply data science techniques including segmentation, affinity/propensity models, consumer or product category deep dives, marketing effectiveness, consumer lifetime value and consumer journey analytics.
- Collaborate with VF Corporate teams to coordinate and align on key consumer data and analytics projects.
- Propose and implement continuous efforts to improve data acquisition and analytics methodologies to further enhance CLM team capabilities.
- Mentor junior team members on how to use more advanced methods to solve business problems more efficiently.
- Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
- Present key insights and business recommendations to large groups and/or senior leadership teams.
Skills For Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar quantitative field
- 5-7 years of experience in data science, digital marketing analytics or consumer insights/market research with proven experience building data science models (Time Series, Regression, Decision Trees, K-Means, etc.)
- Supervisory experience desired
- Prior retail industry background strongly preferred
- Experience with large data sets and analytical tools
- Proficiency in programming languages (SQL, Python, R, SAS etc.)
- Exceptional data exploration skills and natural curiosity regarding retail and consumer behavior
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to data accuracy
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects at once, ensuring key deadlines are met
- Ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional business partners
- Expert in data visualization using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience working with senior level stakeholders
- Ability to deliver actionable insights from complex data and explain findings to stakeholders in an engaging and compelling manner
- Knowledge of advanced analytical techniques including the following: natural language processing (NLP), text mining/analytics, deep learning or image analysis
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Costa Mesa, CA