Data Scientist – Instagram Stories
About the job
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Stories is at the heart of Instagram and continues to be a main reason people love our app. People use Stories to share their day, connect with their friends, and interact with content they love. Our job on the Stories team is to ensure an exceptional product experience that supports the ability to connect while maintaining a spirit of kindness. Data Science is crucial in ensuring we do this well and so we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to support the whole Stories Ecosystem. We are looking for an individual contributor who can work across the different areas within Stories and jump into any problem and drive clarity and cohesion. This person will be tackling highly ambiguous problems and taking on projects that are cross-functional and strategic, by nature.
- Develop a framework to understand impact to both producers and consumers of Instagram Stories
- Set north star metric goals for Instagram Stories
- Present results and recommendations to Instagram leadership
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
- Experience in querying and manipulating raw datasets for analysis
- Understanding of statistics (hypothesis testing, regressions, etc.)
- Experience working independently
- Communicator experience explaining technical concepts and analysis implications to varied audiences and can translate business objectives into actionable analysis
- 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
- Experience with Hive, R, and Python preferred
- Experience presenting to executive level audiences preferred
- Experience driving cross functional team
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York, NY