Data Scientist Intern
About the job
We’re developing the next generation of data scientists!
The banking industry is evolving rapidly, driven by customer demands for great experiences, simple solutions, and innovative ideas. Join us as we look to enhance the customer and colleague experience by harnessing the power of data and advanced analytics.
NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2021 AND WILL BE BASED IN WESTWOOD, MA OR COLUMBUS, OH
Experience During The Program
The Data Scientist Intern is responsible for assembling, managing, and investigating data to be used for various analytical purposes including developing insights, optimizing investment spend, identifying new marketing opportunities, and providing strategic direction to senior management. This full-time position allows a student to work within a big data business environment and leverage that environment to support development of models, insights, and data intelligence that drive retention/growth programs and optimization of a variety of bank functions, including origination, servicing and account management, operations, underwriting, risk, etc.
Tasks Can Include
- Investigating/mining new data streams to assess utility and ability to connect to existing environment
- Maintaining and executing programs to merge/assemble data for analytic uses
- Researching growing market trends and mine the Citizens data intelligence to develop new insights that can guide the strategic direction of the Citizens Bank lines of business
- Documenting and presenting technical/analytic results for a non-technical audience
What you’ll need to apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Math, Data Analytics or related area of focus
- Pursuing a Master’s degree with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022
- Statistical programming experience with data/analytic software languages/tools (e.g., SQL, SAS, R, Splus, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with colleagues who have a background in statistics, database development/maintenance, and information technology
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and procedures, such as: generalized linear models, experimental design, stochastic processes, response surface methodology, and statistical graphics
- Ability to understand, prepare, and present statistical results
- Eagerness to learn about a big data environment within a large, retail bank
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why work with us
As one of the region’s largest banks, we’re known for our innovative spirit and friendly environment. And the people we work with are why we come to work every day. Because here, skills are honed, experience is one of a kind, and ambition is rewarded. You can train with Wall Street veterans and FinTech innovators; perform on live projects that impact results; run with your ideas and give back to your community.
Awards we’ve received
- Forbes World’s Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2020)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2020)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
- Forbes Best Employers for New Grads (2019)
Why Work for UsAt Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.Equal Employment OpportunityIt is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VeteranCitizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Newton Lower Falls, MA