Data Scientist, Junior
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve a Joint Combatant Command client. You’ll work closely with your client to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leaders within the client office to make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in Personnel and Readiness.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with machine learning, data mining, statistics, data visualization, or graph algorithms in academic or internship environments
- Experience with two or more coding languages, including R, Python, SQL, or SAS
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have
- Experience with data wrangling tools, including StreamSet or Trifacta
- Experience with Big Data analysis programming techniques and technologies, including Hadoop
- Experience with relational databases and data pipeline
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Secret clearance
- MS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, or Systems Engineering
Clearance Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Arlington, VA