Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing. Tinder’s Analytics Team is looking for a Data Scientist with expertise in Analytics.
Our analytics team takes ownership of the decisions being made from our data – we develop a deep understanding of both the business and its data and establish close working relationships with all teams – including Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance – so that we can provide recommendations and make proposals regarding prioritization of initiatives, product launches, A/B tests, and company performance.
As a data scientist in this role, you will be a partner to the Analytics team, providing support for A/B test design and analysis as well as data-driven insights through ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and automated reports and dashboards. This role will require extensive experience with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and A/B testing as well as the ability to work in cross-functional teams to drive actionable insights. Experience with user growth and acquisition across consumer products is a plus.
- Master and own the analytical understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Build models to better understand the value and churn behavior of our users
- Find the “story” in the data and communicate insights and opportunities with executive and other internal teams
- Perform ongoing ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the efficiency of our marketing spend, building reporting infrastructure, and assisting in making budgeting recommendations to optimize growth
- Integrate captured event data with other sources of customer data, such as surveys, ad publishers and app store data
- Support reporting and business intelligence needs of the entire Marketing team
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to execute on complex analytics projects where you have to determine salient questions in a complex ecosystem and present action-oriented conclusions
- Proficiency with SQL required
- Scripting skills, preferably in Python. Strong Python/NumPy/PANDAS skills a plus
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Los Angeles, CA