Data Scientist – Marketing
About the job
Spotify is seeking a Data Scientist to operationalize advanced statistical models to quantify the impact of our marketing spend. You’ll play a key role in expanding Spotify’s marketing measurement abilities, and collaborate closely with senior data scientists on the team. The role reports into the Marketing Analytics team lead and there will be significant cross-functional collaboration. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage Spotify’s world-class user data infrastructure and collaborate with a global community of hundreds of data scientists.
What You’ll Do
- Work with other senior data scientists on the team leveraging a range of approaches from statistical / econometric models to machine learning to understand the causal effect of our marketing spend on KPIs like users, consumption, and brand metrics
- Determine requirements to operationalize models, serve as the team’s lead on code and system design, unit testing, and technical documentation, ensuring models are easily replicable
- Work with business stakeholders to define priorities, approaches and business requirements for data science solutions
- Collaborate with the team and engineering to deliver data science products to help optimize marketing spend, maximizing our returns
- Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
Who You Are
- Master degree with a specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Operations Research, or another quantitative field preferred
- 2+ years of experience using software engineering methodologies on object-oriented design, data modeling and unit testing to build and maintain analytics tools
- You have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics via efficiently working with large datasets, and the software engineering skillset to build data science products
- Advantageous if you have experience with large datasets related to tracking marketing campaigns, and are familiar with industry standard modeling approaches like MMM and MTA
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address New York, NY