Data Scientist – Product Analytics
About the job
Match boasts more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating business. Simply put, we change lives.
As a Data Scientist on our Product Analytics team, you will take on a central and multi-faceted role in the product development process — everything from assessing opportunities and results through analytical techniques to curating personalized experiences with machine learning
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, analysts, and engineers to develop and iterate on product features across a variety of streams including matching algorithms, pricing optimization, fraud detection and user segmentation among others
- You will translate product/business objectives into a solid analytical plan (and vice versa!) and identify and execute on opportunities to apply machine learning to improve user experience
- You will identify and apply correct statistical techniques to draw rigorous conclusions from data
We could be a match if:
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as data scientist, a strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning, and experience querying massive and complex datasets
- You are a strong communicator and influencer and have experience serving as an internal consultant to business stakeholders
- You have experience with A/B testing and a strong understanding of Design of Experiments
- You have professional experience with SQL/Hive, Python coding, and building and deploying machine learned models with one or more of the following: Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch, SciKit
What the Team is like:
- The Match Product Analytics team is based in Dallas, and this position reports to Director – Data Science and Analytics
- This team enjoys building a product that helps millions of people find love, and they get a great sense of satisfaction in seeing their hard work make a difference
- Success on this team will require a sense of intellectual curiosity and constant desire to learn, along with being comfortable with ambiguity
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Address Dallas, TX