Data Scientist, Product Analytics – Assistant (AI)
About the job
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Assistant is a trusted AI (artificial intelligence) helper that responds to users requests to help them perform tasks, and proactively suggests content or actions to users in a relevant, timely and highly personalized way.It uses a suite of technology to respond to users’ requests and anticipate users’ needs. The Assistant is multi-modal, so people can interact with it through various inputs like speech, hand gestures or gaze. It currently ships in Portal (if you’ve said “Hey Portal” to engage your Portal device then you’ve interacted with assistant.) and in VR (Oculus Quest), and will ship on future AR products. The Assistant team is building:The Assistant team is building one assistant for all Facebook properties and products, a persistent software entity that learns from memory and experience and understands human languages; and a social assistant that focuses on helping people connect with others and leverages rich context to do the right thing.The assistant uses a suite of technology (automatic speech recognition, natural language understanding and generation, text-to-speech, user memory and context, knowledge graph, etc.) to serve users both reactively by responding to users requests, and proactively by anticipating their needs.The data science team’s mission is to leverage data to understand, identify, and execute, accelerating the journey toward building a novel, powerful, and useful AI assistant for Facebook. Projects our DS work on range from broad user and ecosystem understanding, strategic planning and product goal setting, as well as diving deep on specific applications or the social engagement of our users. There are product areas, like Portal and VR, where the assistant feature is already shipped and we’re continuing to build on that, while there are many other areas like AR glasses where assistant is still early in the product development phase. This team is focused on helping the product team scope out new opportunities, define success across the overall product ecosystem and each product area individually, as well as understand how assistant contributes to our mission to increase meaningful connections.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area
- Drive strategies and decisions via analytics
- Autonomous responsibility for a large scope of influence
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with 4+ years (or PhD with 2+ years) of experience working within an analytical role
- Building process and culture and understanding of experimentation at scale for complex and data rich products
- Technology guru with understanding of AI and NLP and speech systems
- Background in and willingness to be technically hands-on in driving projects
- Experience in the mid- to large scale consumer app space
- Leadership skills in driving large complex efforts with many stakeholders to successful outcomes
- A/B experimentation experience at scale or AI/NLP experience
- Experience thinking creatively about user problems, asking questions, and finding opportunities
- Communication skills and experience influencing key stakeholders and building cross-functional partnerships
- Knowledge for product experimentation
- 7+ years of experience working in an analytics organization
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address United States