Data Scientist (Visualization), Creator at Spotify in New York City
We are looking for a Data Scientist specializing in communicating through data visualizations to join the Creator team that focuses on building tools for artists and the larger music industry . The team’s mission is to build features and services that help artists and their teams grow an audience, monetize their fans, and make their best art.
In this role, using our petabytes of data, you will help deliver impactful dashboards and visualizations to understand connections between artists and listeners, track performance of our products and the impact they are having on artists’ careers. You will join a centralized insights team of data scientists, data engineers, and user researchers to produce novel research. You will work with senior leadership to ensure that the right information is available and accessible to build and track key metrics and understand our business performance.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract meaningful insights that will help drive Spotify’s strategy across creator-facing products.
- Design, build, maintain and iterate on a suite of lasting visual dashboards to surface insights and track key metrics measuring the health of our marketplace.
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key partners through clear visualizations, presentations and self serve dashboards.
- Work on data projects that balance the needs of our two-sided marketplace, considering the goals of artists’ teams while maintaining listener satisfaction and discovery.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, engineers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s two sided marketplace and enabling artist’s growth.
- Contribute to the wider analytics community at Spotify by setting high-quality standards and methodologies.
Who You Are
- You have strong experience in a similar role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative subject area
- Very high level of expertise with data visualization tools or libraries (Tableau Desktop, Dash, D3.js or similar tools).
- You’re familiar with machine learning and data engineering concepts in production and at scale
- Proficiency with SQL and at least one scripting language (i.e. Python/Julia/R). Experience with Scala a plus.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real world product or feature decisions
- You are a communicative person that values building positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.
- Salary Offer $130,000 - $160,000