As a data scientist at Gallup, you will apply your knowledge of statistical and machine-learning techniques to a wide variety of challenging projects customized to our clients’ complex global research. Working on the biggest stage for researchers, you’ll explain and predict large-scale social behavior (e.g., consumer spending, lifestyle trends, political stability, election outcomes, and employee performance and retention) using data from Gallup, the web, third parties (e.g., governments, IGOs and NGOs) and our clients. We will count on your expertise with parametric, nonparametric, linear, and nonlinear methods as well as feature selection and variable transformation. And we will depend on your ability to translate data for clients in a comprehensible way.
Gallup’s unique data give you an unparalleled opportunity to use your creativity to explore new avenues of social research. If you are passionate about using data to solve the world’s most pressing problems, join Gallup — the company that established the gold standard in survey research methodology.
Who we want:
- Analytical thinkers who use their research talents to provide critical insights in advanced analytics for the growing needs of global organizations
- Curious researchers who apply their instincts and expertise to discover breakthroughs that are key to clients’ growth
- Sophisticated communicators who can easily explain complex technical material to nontechnical audiences
- Self-motivated professionals who can manage multiple projects, set a standard of excellence, and consistently deliver exceptional results
- Data experts who excel at building predictive models using various data sources and techniques to inform business decisions
- Mission-driven scientists who are motivated to solve the world’s most pressing problems
What you need:
- Master’s degree required. Degree from a statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, computational social science, physics, or operations research program preferred. Ph.D. a plus.
- At least six years of professional work experience conducting analysis and writing code in Python and R required.
- A deep understanding of the mathematical fundamentals of machine learning and statistics, with an emphasis on nonparametric and nonlinear methods (e.g., random forests, support vector machines, neural networks) required
- Previous work experience with survey design, sampling, weighting, item nonresponse, imputation and other survey research concepts and challenges preferred
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
What we offer:
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused, and performance-oriented culture
- A flexible work environment
- World-class managers who support, empower, and engage you
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Mission-driven work that changes the lives of people around the world
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Washington DC