The Data Scientist will collaborate with Strategy, Operations, Finance, and Technology to predict and understand PayPal’s credit losses.
- Develop loss forecasts for global credit products leveraging internal performance data and various macroeconomic inputs
- Conduct regular stress testing to ensure portfolio maintains minimum profitability measures
- Participate in monthly/quarterly reserve setting process with Finance and Accounting
- Monitor global portfolio performance to ensure its within PayPal’s Credit Risk Appetite
- Partner with Operations to conceive, design & monitor strategies to improve credit losses
- Leverage internal and external data to enhance existing models and business rules
- Analyze portfolio trends to deliver strategic loss forecasting insights
- Communicate concise and actionable business strategies to Executive team
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance, Economics or related quantitative discipline.
- 5+ years of proven Risk and Collections experience in Financial Services, Payment Transactions or other financial related industry
- Analytical and project management experience
- Excel and spreadsheet analysis
- Handling and building complex formulas in Excel spreadsheet
- Risk Management
- Collections strategy
- Statistical analysis
- Loss modeling
- Building complex forecasting model using advanced Excel functions
- SAS (R or Python) and SQL skills to be able to run data queries and research risk strategy and collections impacts
- Using PowerPoint for management communications and broad organizational readouts
- Any suitable combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Wilmington, DE