Deep Learning Engineer at KORE1 in Redwood City
You will be one of the first 10 people on the team.
In Case You’d Like To Know
We have no non-technical managers. We already have revenue and we recently raised a large Series A round led by a tier one VC. We’re building out a new office in Redwood City CA, not far from the Caltrain station. We do not have set working hours and are open to you working remotely one or two days a week.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead our research into 3D scene understanding.
- Oversee acquisition and labeling of a unique proprietary RGBD dataset.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art networks for semantic segmentation, object detection, depth estimation and more.
- Help to recruit and potentially lead a team of similarly-qualified engineers.
- Strong foundation in machine learning, statistics, and linear algebra.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of academic or professional experience in deep learning as applied to image or video analysis.
- Fluent in Python, familiar with C++.
- Deep knowledge of TensorFlow or PyTorch
Nice To Have But Definitely Not Required
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with strong engineering practices.
- Experience with self-supervised learning techniques.
- Experience in optimizing NNs for constrained platforms (mobile or embedded).
Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.
Kore1 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kore1 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Kore1 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.Improper interference with the ability of Kore1’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.