Deep Learning Software Engineer
About the job
The Applied Machine Learning group is responsible for innovation and development of end-to-end AI solutions, technology proof of concepts, and IP development of current and future ML workloads for Intel architecture and silicon serving consumer and corporate business requirements. In this position, you will be responsible for research, modeling, and prototyping of ML techniques, generating data insights and optimizations for Intel platforms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Builds machine learning based products/solutions, which provide descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, or prescriptive models based on data. Uses or develops machine learning algorithms, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, Bayesian analysis and others, to solve applied problems in various disciplines such asData Analytics, Recommendation, NLP, Computer Vision, Robotics, etc. Interacts with users to define requirements for breakthrough product and solutions. In either research environments or specific product environments, utilizes current programming methodologies to translate machine learning models and data processing methods into software. Completes programming, testing, debugging, documentation and or deployment of the solution and products. Engineers Big Data computing frameworks, data modeling and other relevant software tools. You will play a key technical role for end-2-end machine learning and deep learning platform development based on various frameworks and hardware (such as CPU, GPU, accelerators). You will also be responsible for developing AI/ML solutions and methodologies to bring the best performance, accuracy, efficiency, and ease-of-use to customers by working with internal and external partners. The job scope may include but not limited to: End-2-end ML/DL platform component innovation and feature development in data ingestion, feature engineering, distributed training via data and model parallelization, hyper-parameter optimization, neural architecture search, model compression, quantization, distillation, and model serving; Algorithm and model development of advanced technologies in computer vision, natural language processing, recommendation, reinforcement learning, and other domains; Machine learning framework and workload performance profiling, optimization, insights generation for benchmark such as MLPerf as well as real-world customer use cases; Software and tools development in python, C++, and other languages as required.
An Ideal Candidate Would Exhibit Behavioral Skills That Indicate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to clearly communicate technical details and concept.
- Work well in a team environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school- work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
Must have the required degree or expect the required degree by May 2022.
6+ months of experience with the following technical skills:
- Experience in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow or MXNet working on CPU / GPU / AI accelerators for ML/DL
- Software development and coding experience in python and C++ /other languages
- Strong experience with Performance optimization / tuning
- Familiar with deep learning algorithm as well as traditional data analyze algorithm such as SVM or PCA or K-mean, XGBoost, etc.
- Modeling experience in Computer Vision or recommendation or NLP or RL or GNN.
- Experience delivering AI/ML solutions to address real world use cases working with collaborators.
- Good track record of machine learning research and applications demonstrated by patents, publications, product delivery, or other means
- Experience on performance optimization for Pytorch/TF/MXNet framework, MLPerf benchmark and other SOTA workload
- Distributed training, Horovod, Torch DDP, Ray SGD
- Inference optimization such as quantization, sparsity, distillation
- HPO and NAS algorithm, Bayesian optimization, Optuna, Ray Tune
- Big data platform, Hadoop, Spark, Modin
Inside this Business Group
Enable amazing computing experiences with Intel Software continues to shape the way people think about computing – across CPU, GPU, and FPGA architectures. Get your hands on new technology and collaborate with some of the smartest people in the business. Our developers and software engineers work in all software layers, across multiple operating systems and platforms to enable cutting-edge solutions. Ready to solve some of the most complex software challenges? Explore an impactful and innovative career in Software.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Santa Clara, CA