Engineer – Machine Learning – Microsoft Research
About the job
The ALICE team is hiring!
We are looking for a machine learning engineer with strong analytical and developer skills to join our team to develop industry leading machine learning solutions. Successful candidates will have several years of building and tuning machine learning pipelines and deploying models at scale. They should be driven by the desire to imagine, invent and build the future of data-driven business decision making. A large part of the role will be spent developing our open-source package EconML, and aiding in its integration with other Microsoft products.
ALICE is a project within Microsoft Research New England to direct Artificial Intelligence towards economic decision making. We build tools that combine state-of-the-art machine learning with econometrics to bring automation to economic decision making.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You’ll be a member of a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, data scientists and researchers.
- Learning new skills rapidly and applying as needed, e.g., learn a new machine learning algorithm from a research paper and implementing it.
- Software engineering fundamentals, including coding, problem solving and data analysis skills
- Providing high quality support to all researchers in the lab.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with product teams.
- Ability to effectively work in collaborative multiple project team environment and ship production features in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Develop and deploy solutions with Microsoft Partners for solving business problems using machine learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- Experience with or the ability to quickly ramp up on causal inference techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field (or the equivalent experience).
- 4+ years of experience in applying, implementing, and/or developing algorithms for machine learning, artificial intelligence, or statistics. Academic work experience may be considered
- 2+ years of industry experience with data analytics tools such as Python, R, Matlab, SQL
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Operations Research or equivalent technical field.
- Experience working in an academic research environment
- Experience with Cosmos/Hadoop/Spark.
- The ability to self-teach in new domains.
- Ability to work independently and ramp-up quickly on complex and unfamiliar code.
- Experience with application development practices and version control systems.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion to solve real-world problems for enterprises and consumers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Cambridge, MA