Financial Data Analyst I – Financial Reporting Team
Analyst I is responsible for managing the Financial Mapping, Input and review of New Deals, manage the cash calc waterfalls and timeline, manage the debt Summary and loan documents, etc., all processes related to the asset management and Fund Management of our portfolio. FRA members work across various departments, proactively manage the calendar and implement system and procedural enhancements to assist in individual, team and company goals. This position is located at the Boston Financial headquarters in Boston, MA.*
- Manage the financial mapping for Asset Management and inform PA if any changes.
- Work with IT on changes and enhancements to the financial mapping to make sure consistent with other applications.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual property financial statements input process.
- Train & manage the Financial Input Temps.
- Work with the Acquisitions Team to input newly acquired deals into the Asset Management system and present the Development Risk Team, FM, and PA with analysis of the deals
- Manage the review of loan documents and identification of key debt restrictions.
- Manage the annual property cash analysis and work with the Cash Calc Leadership Team to update and enhance the Cash Calc system.
- Review and process checks received for Asset Management fees and surplus cash distributions for all properties
- Review Team business processes to identify and resolve inefficiencies, improve workflow, and update relevant documentation.
- Develop, enhance, and implement the various systems used by the IM-Resource Team. Ensure team equipment is in good working order by completing preventive maintenance requirements and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Perform quality checks on all financial inputs
- Train new assets managers and analysts on the financial mapping
- May perform special projects as needed
- Travelling required <10%
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, real estate or related field
- Minimum of 1– 2 years related financial experience
- Knowledge of Mail Merge and World Merge Software
- Solid knowledge of financial statements and reporting, cash flow, income and balance sheets, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to manage large data sets, conduct variance analysis, and identify potential issues/problems
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to summarize and communicate observations clearly and timely (in writing, PowerPoint presentations, and verbally) in an organized, engaging, concise manner, and make recommendations, where appropriate
- Ability to develop and present effective overview and training presentations to inform team and other department staff and others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required, including a solid understanding of commonly used Excel formulas and the ability to effectively clean, sort, and filter data
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office tools: Word, PowerPoint, MSOutlook; Access, a plus
- Highly motivated and resilient, able to handle cyclical workloads with peak periods of high demand
- Ability to anticipate, pivot, adapt, and remain professional through sometimes tense situations
- Curious with the desire to continuously learn
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a team member
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet firm deliverable deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Strong and pro-active problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment-pitching wherever needed to achieve team and business objectives
Assist in the review of work completed by junior level staff members and temporary data entry workers with regard to internal policies, procedures, and systems, as required
Preffered Skills & Experience
- Real estate industry experience
- Interest in affordable housing, LIHTC
- Familiarity with Partnership Tax Returns, Financial Statements, and Partnership Agreements
- Familiarity with basic financial modeling techniques
- Basic project management skills
- Due to current health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, Boston Financial is currently observing remote work practices and has limited employee in-office and travel activities at this time. This is subject to change, consistent with local and state health and safety requirements.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Boston Financial Investment Management is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
- Address Boston, MA