About the job
Our mission is simple—we’re changing the way we care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares our core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, Honor is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? We realized that by combining our amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of our partner agencies, we could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. Honor’s unique approach is driving our leadership as an innovator—and our rapid growth. We have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But we’re not a tech company, we’re a human company. The technology we design just helps our people be even better at their jobs.
- You have experience working with relevant technologies on the backend and/or frontend.
- You want to work across the full stack from backend data storage to UI
- You are excited to work closely with designers and product managers on a fast-moving team
- You thrive in a diverse, cross-functional team, collaborating with people throughout the company
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to have:
- You’ve worked on multi-person software projects, building and shipping features to users.
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Preferred candidates come with:
- You are familiar with React web apps and other relevant frameworks, e.g. Redux
- You have experience with relational database systems such as MySQL
- You love hands-on coding and enjoy being thrown in the middle of mission-critical projects
- You’re excited to learn from your peers
Sound like a fit? Apply below!
Honor is remote friendly! We’re hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Moving forward, no roles will require permanent relocation, but as conditions allow, we’ll have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you’re looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we’d love to talk to you.
Want to know more about why Honor is a great place to work? Check out our perks!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.