Jr. Software Developer
About the job
Idea Entity, a Microsoft Gold Partner, is looking for a Software Design Engineer who will assume a key role on our team. This role has responsibility for understanding our platform that enables organizations to digitally transform their business processes through portals, dashboards, and workflows.
- Be a collaborative team player to define, design, develop, test, deploy, and support software
- Actively communicate with your manager and team
- Bring creative and innovative thinking to your work
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Manage your project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of client-side scripting.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good Knowledge on Web Performance optimization methods
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Conceptual understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Nice to have knowledge on AWS/Azure Web Services
- Good eye for aesthetics layout, grid systems, color theory and typography.
- Good design skills.
- Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries.
- Candidate must absolutely be in sync with recent UI Design/Development standards and trends.
- Should be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, start-up-like environment.
- Must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Self-starter, that is, able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Should be self-driven with basic guidance.
Nice to have
- Experience in designing and building web services, SQL Databases, and cloud based architectures
- Working experience coding, using and designing REST APIs
- Experience with cloud based services (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- MCTS or MCPD certifications
- BA/BS in related discipline (computer science, etc.) preferred, demonstrated skills and experience will take precedence over education.
- Veterans Preferred
- Members of the Military leaving active duty preferred..
- Applicants excited to learn and have in interest in programming are welcome to apply.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Herndon, VA