Jr. Software Engineer
McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 8 company and is one of the largest providers of healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, medical & pharmaceutical supplies, healthcare technology, community oncology and specialty care in the United States with revenues of $231 billion in 2020. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE shared principles, McKesson’s 80,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible around the globe – one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
We are seeking a Jr. Software Engineer to join our team in Irving, TX.
If you have a passion for engineering quality software, we are interested in you. We are seeking an entry level software engineer that will work with our team to achieve fantastic results. As a contributor within the EnterpriseRx® research and development (R&D) team, you will a work in a collaborative and highly skilled Agile team. EnterpriseRx® is an enterprise class software solution that manages pharmacy workflow activities and increases revenue into pharmacies.
- Actively participate in the development and review of User Stories
- Participating in technical design and code reviews
- Remediating defects by solving the reported problem and thoroughly testing to ensure the issue has been solved while leaving the surrounding code in a better state than you found it
- Developing and executing unit/integration tests
- Actively participating on cross-functional teams that may include Architects, Developers, Q/A, and Product Management, Project Management, and Operations personnel
- Demonstrate complex topics to a diverse audience, including business leaders and customers in Sprint Reviews.
- Understanding the retail pharmacy and clinical services domain, and learning how customers use McKesson products to manage their business
- 0-25% travel
Typically, minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience. May have degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented development (Java preferred)
- Knowledge of relational databases (such as Oracle) and Structured Query Language (SQL)
Additional Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of web development and an MVC framework such as Angular preferred
- Knowledge of web services and corresponding frameworks such as Spring Boot preferred
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
General Office Demands
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare!
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Discover More AI Jobs:
- Address Dallas, TX